- Purchase Energy Star or eco-label certified servers, PCs, NBs, and monitors.
- Purchase FSC and PEFC-certified photocopy paper only.
- Use eco-label certified leased printers and toner cartridges, drum units, and purchased printers and toner cartridges only.
- Rent eco-label certified corporate vehicles and prioritize low-carbon-labeled products.
- Prioritize eco-friendly and water-saving building materials for construction projects.
- Prioritize energy-saving or eco-label or Energy Star certified equipment and electrical equipment.
- CDF and China Life Insurance were selected by the Department of Environmental Protection, Taipei City Government as "the top private firm and group in green procurement" for a third and fifth consecutive year, respectively, in 2020.
- CDF and China Life Insurance were selected by the Environmental Protection Administration, Executive Yuan as "the top private firm and group in green procurement in 2019" for a second consecutive year and the first year, respectively, in 2020.
- The Group increased the amount of green procurement to NT$188.55 million in 2020, a 43.8% increase vs. 2019. Of the total green procurement, NT$83.73 million was granted a total of 20 eco-labels by the Environmental Protection Administration.
1. Rent eco-label certified corporate vehicles and prioritize low-carbon-labeled products
2. Prioritize eco-friendly and water-saving building materials for construction projects
3. Prioritize energy-saving or eco-label or Energy Star-certified equipment and electrical equipment
1. In 2019, the Group received the green procurement award from the Environmental Protection Administration for achievements in 2018 and the green procurement award from the Department of Environmental Protection, Taipei City Government, for achievements in 2019.
2. The Group increased the amount of green procurement to NT$131.11 million in 2019, a 61.8% increase in comparison to 2018. Of the total green procurement, NT$102.76 million (78.4%) received 20 environmental labels from the Environmental Protection Administration.
- Green procurement increased to NT$54.07mn, up 5.6% YoY
- Received the Green Procurement Award by Department of Environmental Protection of Taipei City Government
CDF continues to strengthen internal controls in procurement operations and supplier management. Having the "Enforcement Rules of Corporate Social Responsibility for Suppliers" in place, we continue to enhance measures for supplier management. Through pre-screening, performance management, on-site inspections, annual supplier evaluation and self-evaluation, unscheduled supplier CSR awareness promotion, and annual supplier commendation, we have selected and classified suppliers based on their professionalism, technical certifications, track record of performance and environmental friendliness, and awareness of human rights and climate-related issues. On selection, suppliers have to agree to comply with the statutory requirements for labor rights and human rights (including prohibition of using child labor), labor health and workplace safety and health, environmental protection, and ethical corporate management to create a balance in sustainable development of the economy, environment, and society by signing the "Supplier CSR Commitment Letter.
Suppliers are supervised and managed as per contract to prevent material adverse impacts, environmentally and socially, and to fulfill CSR. In case of failure to make suitable improvement in the given time frame on violations of CSR commitment which have significant impact on the environment, society, or labor rights, CDF may terminate, suspend and revoke the contract, impose penalties, and possibly disqualify under exceptional circumstance. In 2020, no supplier was penalized or disqualified by CDF; however, one supplier was found in the supplier evaluation to give false quotations and was therefore graded E and excluded from subsequent transactions.
As of 2020, 975 suppliers had signed the Supplier CSR Commitment Letter, representing an annual increase of 45.3%. From 2017 to 2020, 100% of our local major suppliers (Note) signed the Supplier CSR Commitment Letter. From 2018 to 2020, 100% of our new suppliers signed the Supplier CSR Commitment Letter.